Souls Ignited Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan members of Souls Ignited from Celtic Heroes

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Druid boss strategy

Go down 
+2
Shimmeree
Rig
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rig
Admin
Rig

Druid boss strategy Empty
PostSubject: Druid boss strategy   Druid boss strategy EmptyTue May 08, 2012 5:21 pm

So how hard do you guys and gals think it would be to have a synchronization going while in boss fights? Like what I mean is say we have 3 druids in the group, Druid one then heals right after druid 2 heals then right after druid 3 heals..that way there is constant HP being pumped into the tank. It may be a lot harder than just writing it down on here but it was just a thought. What are your guys and gals thoughts on this...too complicated or easy to do?
Back to top Go down
https://soulsignited.forumotion.com
Shimmeree
Admin
Shimmeree

PostSubject: Re: Druid boss strategy   Druid boss strategy EmptyTue May 08, 2012 9:01 pm

Sure, I am up trying this. We could plan the rotation order and first healer begins healing a couple seconds before first hit. Natures touch takes 5 seconds to cast and sometimes not enough time to get enough heals off and tank dies right away, for the big bosses. And talking about who will cast what might make it go smoother. Highest lvl Druid in group with embrace maxed can cast this....anyone maxed in a buff can cast that. So casts aren't wasted.

Things are going to change come update tho. Druids get 10 new spells and it sounds like we will have to kind of choose what our Druid style will be. More areas to choose where points will go....group spells, Rez, etc. And we'll need to choose if we want more focus for all the new spells, or more vitality for pvp and soloing focus.....
Back to top Go down
Hottie
Admin
Hottie

PostSubject: Re: Druid boss strategy   Druid boss strategy EmptyTue May 08, 2012 11:19 pm

I'm not a pvp kind of druid, never have been that type of player. But i'm def up for this when we are all SI druids in group. This does work and can be quite helpful. I guess you can just watch the character to see when they "squat" as in preparing to cast. As soon as Druid 1 squats, count 2 or 3 seconds, Druid 2 squats and casts, By this point Druid 1 has completed casts and spreads arms wide, indicating Druid 3 to begin to cast.

Let's see if I can break it down better?

Druid 1 - begin casting

Druid 2 - 2-3 seconds later begin casting

Druid 3 - 5 seconds later begin casting

Use more time as deemed necessary (boss dependant). Bind wound in between or whatever.

Point being, Good idea, I like it, we should try to implement it as SI druids group together. Will be useful against the DRAGONS!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.imapimp.com
Rig
Admin
Rig

PostSubject: Re: Druid boss strategy   Druid boss strategy EmptyWed May 09, 2012 3:22 am

nice sounds like it may be worth a shot...if it gets too complicate tho we can always just go back to the other way.....it may be worth a good shot
Back to top Go down
Hottie
Admin
Hottie

PostSubject: Re: Druid boss strategy   Druid boss strategy EmptyWed May 09, 2012 9:18 am

Semi tried this out this morning on Spearhorn 6*. It was me, anders, dubduba, shiela I just watched for their self hugs (ie squat) and tried to wait the 1-2 seconds before casting. Seemed to do ok. I did not coordinate with them. But I think this is something worth trying for SI peeps.
Back to top Go down
{GORT}

{GORT}

PostSubject: Re: Druid boss strategy   Druid boss strategy EmptyWed May 09, 2012 11:44 am

I try to do this as well because it can be frustrating as a healer to see more than enough heals go off at once and then watch my nature's touch spin around to refresh relative to the tank's health plummeting.

I was by myself for the first 77 levels so I got fairly used to soloing, but I am now looking forward to learning how to become the best group druid I can be. So I am definitely down for practicing some strategy when you all are on.

Not to tangential here, but with all the spells now for Druid, we will need to specialize and I am hoping we can do so in complimentary ways and include this in the overarching Druid strategy discussion
Spells:

Current Spells

Lightning Bolt
Vines
Nature's Touch
Nature's Embrace
Shield of Bark
Abundance
Howling Wind
Grasping Roots
Calm
Meditate
(I know this not unique to Druid, Teaweasel indicates this will be necessary for even the Druid with Heroic Ammy and 10 tick offhand, but IMHO, I would try first investing in Energy Sigils in stacks of 10 rather than using skill pts on Meditate)

New Spells
Spring of Life (resurrection, the level of person you can rez is dependent on the amount of skill points invested, ex. need at least 18 pts to rez a lvl 95)
Storm's Touch (more powerful version of Lightning Bolt, more damage but more than double the energy cost
Abundance Aura (group abundance spell, no idea if it raises health by the same amount as single user abundance)
Nature's Breeze (group heal, far less healing power than Touch, but apparently a good group boss spell)
Ward of Fire (raise group's fire resistance)
Ward of Ice (raise group's ice resistance)
Ward of Magic (raise group's resistance to Druid offensive spells)
Ward of Soldiers (raise group's resistance to slash)
Ward of Assassins (raise group's resistance to pierce)
Ward of Giants (raise group's resistance to crush)
Wards give 25 resistance at skill level 1 with 270 focus and 65 resistance at level 5 with 270 resistance (after level 1 I guess its 10 pts of resistance per skill level?)

More info from Tea's guide:
We will need to pick what kind of Druid we want to be, PvP, Solo, Group (with potentially a few group variations- probably cannot have high enough rez to be useful and all other support spells).
The PvP and Solo Druids will of course not be as valuable in groups, but the hgroup Druid is apparently quite ineffective leveling without the group.

Individual spells trump group spells in power (Touch is more powerful than Breeze, Bark is more powerful than the Wards), but the tradeoff is it is just not possible to heal and support the tank and maintain all individual spells on multiple players

So in posting all of this, I am hoping that we can go beyond healing strategy and discuss whether it makes sense to declare what type of Druid we are going to be and how to be effective in leveling and grouping.
Back to top Go down
{GORT}

{GORT}

PostSubject: Re: Druid boss strategy   Druid boss strategy EmptyWed May 09, 2012 11:53 am

I plan on becoming a group Druid, so I am thinking of keeping Vines for damage (maybe no Lightning at all Question ), Bark for myself and the tank, Nature's Touch, Nature's Embrace, Nature's Breeze, and I need help choosing Wards. It doesn't seem like even if the point investment is possible, that there is anyway to keep all Wards up and navigate two heals, Embrace, and Bark. Maybe, two physical dmg wards for now?

I am not sure if we will encounter damage types in stages, like fire damage will not really be an issue until lvl 150 dragons? But, if we encounter all damage types on a regular basis, maybe each of us can be responsible for a few and then we are a the mercy of us all coordinating play time?

Sorry for throwing out more questions than answers.

It's hard out here for a Druid.
Back to top Go down
Shimmeree
Admin
Shimmeree

PostSubject: Re: Druid boss strategy   Druid boss strategy EmptyWed May 09, 2012 5:50 pm

Well said, G!, and good info.... cheers Good to have ya join us here. bounce

Ok, where to begin, so much info....right?? lol

I def. plan to also be group druid. But I love my vines and lightning. I may drop my maxed root, as I rarely use it (but was very useful when lower lvls soloing in Stone.....for those lvling up.) That'll free up 17 pts. I like Abundance, so that'll compliment your Bark, Gort, since mine is lvl 1. Wink I think I will try and max the rez, even though it's a lot of points. From what I gather, the underworld can be long and not many leystones....and not sure about using idols? They make it sound like rez in the underworld will be very useful.

I like the idea of maybe picking a couple of the wards to focus on and hopefully we can coordinate together. It may be difficult for us to plan playing times, I know for myself at least having kids etc. I just never know, but weekends are more likely for me.

Good thing, it sounds like they will provide us all with a Book of Rebirth, as our stats will need to change, big time. More focus than vitality now. for anyone with plat, that wants to make some game money.....book of rebirths will be in high demand as people play with their stats. lol!
Back to top Go down
Hottie
Admin
Hottie

PostSubject: Re: Druid boss strategy   Druid boss strategy EmptyWed May 09, 2012 7:34 pm

Wow, that was so detailed! Smile Based on the druid spells we will be getting (mainly the group ones) I do have a feeling there will be times in the new content that group heal, group resists will be necessary. Not sure if the new content is solo or group driven? In that I mean, everything in CH is solo except bosses right now. So we will find out soon enough if we will need groups to lvl or if these spells will be necessary for boss fights.

My brain isn't in a nice detailed reply atm.

With my current play schedules, I will probably be a mix between solo and group druid. Sad thing is druids doubtfully won't be able to rez themselves! So rude.
Back to top Go down
ieatpeople

PostSubject: Re: Druid boss strategy   Druid boss strategy EmptyWed May 09, 2012 8:19 pm

Guys I'll give some advice Nat gave me- dump vines. I got rid of it and now I'm a much better healer lol. If it works for nat, the best druid in Crom, shouldn't it work for us? Lol
Back to top Go down
{GORT}

{GORT}

PostSubject: Re: Druid boss strategy   Druid boss strategy EmptyWed May 09, 2012 10:13 pm

Eat, i understand what upyou are saying, simply we need to decide if we want to be primarily healers and group support, or solo with less group value. It sounds like we all want to be group support, probably need to be for the clan. However, we cannot have both vines and lightning maxed, so vines is the lesser spell. I am on the fence with this one. My vines and lightning are both maxed and vines hits for between 1/3 and 1/2 lightning bolt, making vines far more efficient. However, vines is frquently interrupted upon recast in a solo fight.

I will try foregoing vines after the update.
That will give me:
lightning bolt
bark
nature touch
nature embrace
nature breeze
ward one
ward two

this is definitely not solo friendly so I will be at the mercy of grouping and clanmates, which makes me a bit uncomfortable wilth how my leveling will progress, but I gather Otherworld is quite group oriented, hence the reason Gold camo is going bye bye, the aggro is fierce, oh, and some mobs have aoe dmg. Its a druids world...
Back to top Go down
Rig
Admin
Rig

PostSubject: Re: Druid boss strategy   Druid boss strategy EmptyFri May 11, 2012 10:20 am

Btw guys me, shimmy, eats, and shep healer tried this last night on rockbelly and had damn good success. I think emp only used like 3 res idols on rockbelly.
Back to top Go down
Shimmeree
Admin
Shimmeree

PostSubject: Re: Druid boss strategy   Druid boss strategy EmptyFri May 11, 2012 11:27 am

Do you guys think it'd be good investment to get the Golden Camo charm? It will be no longer after update apparently, and from what I've read, it seems like it would really be beneficial in Otherworld. If we can't Rez ourselves, and it will be long runs back, plus we'll have less vitality but more healing aggro, which will mean more deaths. Hmmmm, I am thinking I need to go get one of those.......
Back to top Go down
Kartier

PostSubject: Re: Druid boss strategy   Druid boss strategy EmptyFri May 11, 2012 6:21 pm

I'm thinking of giving my Druid max Rez so that I can earn some money for myself for newer lux items and because no one will want to dump their stats into it, making it even more valuable skill. I realize it may make myself weaker but I could always change that later on if I feel it is the wrong skill to have. Plus we will need someone to be able to Rez our members in battle so someone should have this skill. My only concern would be the max level to Rez. If our clan mates go higher than the ability to Rez them than it is a useless skill.

Last edited by Kartier on Sat May 12, 2012 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
{GORT}

{GORT}

PostSubject: Re: Druid boss strategy   Druid boss strategy EmptyFri May 11, 2012 7:03 pm

@ Shimm - an emphatic yes! Get the golden camo. I bought one last night. I wish I could buy a few, maybe one to sell for a profit later when people want one for the proported mob density and aggro in OW, and one to donate to bank because if our group members dont have the camo, I will hazard to guess it reduces the efficacy of ours Sad. They will still pull aggro and we will need to heal, redirecting the aggro on us. That happened to me last night a few times. Either nature's Embrace was on someone in the group when we were fighting Goretusk, or when i healed, little boars ran to me. I will have to test this more though.

Back to top Go down
Shimmeree
Admin
Shimmeree

PostSubject: Re: Druid boss strategy   Druid boss strategy EmptySun May 13, 2012 3:34 pm

So I talk to Spirithealer, beta tester, and he says the camo is not even worth getting unless you are rogue. Anyone see the logic? I can see that if there is only one ley....and the Druid dies and doesn't have idol, it'd be a long, unsafe run. But then again, whole group would probably die if Druid is MIA. It's 100k, guess if we can afford, it'd be smart to get one anyway since they are going away.....
Back to top Go down
{GORT}

{GORT}

PostSubject: Re: Druid boss strategy   Druid boss strategy EmptySun May 13, 2012 4:32 pm

It could be a gamble Shimm, but only a gamble as to usefullness, not worth, golden camo is going bye bye, so worst case scenario, sell for a profit.

Based on what I have read on the forums as to Admin's justification of removing it due to being "overpowered" in the Other World, it sounds like Other World is much bigger/longer than what we are familiar with, and there will be a time-consuming and difficult return trip to where we might be hunting. The golden camo allows us to explore more without being blocked by killer mutant monsters. I think this is great for everyone, from soloers trying to more safely pick and choose approproate monsters to kill, to groups trying to navigate to certain areas without pulling all kinds of aggro.

In the end I have no idea how this will actually work; if it is not super important, I will just sell for hopefully a profit scratch
Back to top Go down
Shimmeree
Admin
Shimmeree

PostSubject: Re: Druid boss strategy   Druid boss strategy EmptyMon May 14, 2012 3:32 pm

Yah, that's what I was thinking.......was trying to figure out his motive for saying it's not worth it. Perhaps so people don't go buying them up for profit, which will reduce worth if everyone gets one? Have no clue. I was surprised he said that though...... Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Druid boss strategy   Druid boss strategy Empty

Back to top Go down

Druid boss strategy
Page 1 of 1